For mission-driven organizations, it is imperative to have the support of an accounting firm that understands the challenges and opportunities of your organization, and who knows the details— from board priorities to foundation strategies—of your world.
Boyer & Ritter brings an accomplished team to your organization, and one with the knowledge and passion to help you make an impact. As consultants, auditors, and tax professionals for countless nonprofit organizations, associations, and foundations, we can assist you with the financial planning and assurance aspects of your organization’s operation.
For not-for-profit organizations, Boyer & Ritter makes a commitment to helping you find new opportunities to protect and enhance your organization’s assets, while at the same time minimizing risk and avoiding options that could distract from your core mission. In today’s environment, finding that balance is critical to long-term sustainability.
As consultants and advisors, we work in close cooperation with our clients. Our knowledgeable principals and cross-trained staff help resolve issues for nonprofit organizations and help design approaches to yield more productive operations while maintaining the commitment to mission and values that drive these organizations.
Boyer & Ritter professionals are knowledgeable beyond consulting on accounting methods, financial reporting and taxes. We also regularly advise our Nonprofit clients on issues relating to these, among other matters:
- Cost savings
- Fraud Prevention
- Employee benefits
- Real estate
- Information technology systems
- Operational efficiencies
Our tax professionals have extensive experience in providing services to the Nonprofit industry. We communicate important tax-exempt issues as they develop and update our nonprofit clients throughout the year to keep them apprised of important developments and assist with short- and long-term tax planning. Further, we provide services in many other areas as well, including:
- Overall tax “check-up”
- Research client questions
- Unrelated business income tax planning
- Intermediate sanctions review
- Compensation studies
- Review of contracts
- Respond to tax notices
- Representation before IRS and state examiners
- Exemption applications (all taxes state and federal)
- Federal group exemption application
- Chapter/group exemption check-up
- Benefits plan determination application
- Benefits consulting
- Charitable registration compliance
- Charitable giving reporting consultation
- Charitable trust returns
- Sales and use tax consultation
- Federal and state Nonprofit tax and information filings
- Tax compliance for PACs, joint ventures, benefit plans, for-profit subsidiaries
- Review of client prepared returns
- Payroll compliance review
- Transaction planning/use of entities in structuring transactions
- Acquisition and disposition of a business
- Retirement plan tax filings/planning
- Corporate returns and tax planning
Other Services for Nonprofits
|Bookkeeping / Accounting Software Assistance - Boyer & Ritter support personnel have extensive experience assisting clients with QuickBooks, Sage 50/Peachtree, and others.|| |
Risk Management - Risk impedes success. Risk must be successfully managed to achieve missions, visions, goals, and objectives. Boyer & Ritter helps organizations identify, assess, and respond to risk.
Data Analysis - Data is a valuable resource when it is in the right hands. We help organizations develop, extract, normalize, and evaluate data to ensure key management decisions are based on the facts.
Litigation Support. Legal disputes are rarely cut-and-dried. Complicated financial issues often severely impact the case. Boyer & Ritter has specialists with expert witness experience in a variety of complex litigations.
Forensic Analysis - Responding to a suspected fraud is problematic without the right support. Our team has the specialized skills to collect and analyze the evidential matter and communicate findings clearly and concisely.
Other Consulting Services - Our mission is to assist clients in their pursuit of success. However you define success, we are confident we can assist in navigating any barriers and achieving your goals.
Our firm has been committed to impressing clients for as long as we have been in business. We are proud of the moments when a CFO boasts to peers about our timely, efficient and quality work.
- Summer 2020
News & Events
- Carlisle Country Club, 06.21.2019
- West Shore Country Club, 11.16.2018
- updated 4/8/21