Our roots are deeply connected to the people, businesses, and community we serve.
As with any successful endeavor, Boyer & Ritter’s road to becoming one of Pennsylvania’s leading regional accounting firms is the product of steady determination and a focus on client service.
Our firm began in 1926 when Wilson R. Ritter, CPA opened his office and continued until 1952 when the firm became the partnership of Ritter, Todd and Haayen and which grew into Ritter, Haayen and Keller in Carlisle in 1971. Meanwhile, Lee E. Boyer, CPA followed a similar path. He started his accounting office in 1933 and continued as a sole practitioner until 1948, when he took on a partner and became Lee E. Boyer & Company.
The firm we know today as Boyer & Ritter took shape on July 1, 1977 with the merger of Ritter, Haayen and Keller, and Boyer & Company. A succession of mergers followed, leading to the creation of our Chambersburg and State College regional offices.