Jay A. Goldman
Jay’s primary responsibilities include servicing the accounting, tax and consulting needs of the firm’s auto dealership clients, specifically those located in Maryland and South Central Pennsylvania.
Jay’s dealership expertise includes working with clients on merger and acquisition opportunities and assisting in business valuation engagements.
Prior to joining B&R in November 2009, Jay was the Chief Financial Officer of a $250-million, 350‑employee automotive group, based in Baltimore, Maryland. He also has 15 years of public accounting experience working with a large regional firm and a national firm where he spent the majority of his time servicing auto dealer clients and managing their auto dealer services divisions.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Association of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Former member of the AutoCPA Group, a consortium of 26 CPA firms across the United States and Canada, representing over 1,700 dealers in the retail automotive business
- Former speaker and a former member of the Steering Committee for the AICPA National Auto Dealer Conference.
Speaking Engagements/Published Articles
- Speaker for the 2016, 2017 and 2018 NADA Conventions
- Co-author of several articles and guides for the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) that have been distributed nationally to the NADA membership
- Author of numerous articles for MADA, PAA, and Headlights dealership publications
- Served as a speaker and a former member of the Steering Committee for the AICPA National Auto Dealer Conference