Thomas J. Taricani
Tom is a principal at Boyer & Ritter and has over 27 years of experience providing audit, accounting, tax and consulting services for a variety of clients and industry groups. Tom is a key member of several practice groups in the firm, including the Entrepreneurial Business Services, Tax Services, Dealership Services, and Forensic, Valuation and Litigation Services Groups.
Tom is involved in most aspects of client’s income tax and estate planning, including preparation of income tax returns and other related areas of consultation. Tom’s specializations include formulation and implementation of succession and estate plans, and preparation of business valuations of closely held businesses for use in succession, estate planning and various litigation engagements. He has also provided expert witness testimony.
Working with the Dealership Services Group, Tom has performed many dealership business valuations and consultations, and has been retained as an expert on auto dealership valuation on many occasions.
He began his public accounting career with Ernst & Young in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he served as a senior consultant in the tax department until becoming the partner-in-charge of B&R’s State College office in 1990. Tom is currently a member of B&R’s Executive Committee.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member of PICPA’s Federal Tax Committee, Chair of PICPA’s Scholarship Fund
- Member of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Chair of NACVA’s national course review committee
- Member of the Exit Planning Institute
Tom is a frequent lecturer and author of articles associated with family succession planning, estate planning and related fair market valuation issues.