Scott is a key member of the firm's Advisory Services Group. He has experience working with for-profit organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and governmental entities and is used to working with executive management, accounting and finance teams, counsel, prosecutors, detectives, and police.
How have you grown professionally while at Boyer & Ritter?
I came to Boyer & Ritter straight after graduating from college with four years’ worth of book smarts but little to no real-world experience. Boyer & Ritter has continued to support the ongoing book smarts required to be a subject matter expert and provide financial forensic, litigation support, and business valuation services (credentialed as CPA, CVA, CFE, and MAFF), but my most influential growth as a professional while at Boyer & Ritter is thanks to the variety of projects, and people, I have worked with over the years. As a young staff, I was never excluded from a project because of my lack of experience and was always encouraged to ask questions. I worked with a variety of individuals (from peers to administrative support to principals at Boyer & Ritter and from staff to counsel and owners at clients) and was able to learn and improve myself based on each of these experiences along the way.
What do you look forward to next in your career?
I am passionate about the non-traditional CPA services that I perform. I look forward to continuing my growth as an expert in these areas and always increasing the number of clients and attorneys I have helped achieve success. I also look forward to growing Boyer & Ritter’s Advisory Services Group and helping team members find their own paths and develop as experts.
Fraud/Forensic Investigation Services
- Gather and analyze evidence resulting from suspected fraudulent
- Prepare forensic reports to identify damages
Litigation Support Services
- Work in tandem with attorneys and their clients through all phases of the dispute resolution process
- Serve as an expert witness in a variety of complex litigations
- Provide quality advice during pre-litigation and the development of case strategy
- Provide advice, information, and research to clients to assist in their management responsibilities
- Conduct risk management and process improvement engagements
- Analyze complex data issues and simplify results for effective communication to stakeholders
Valuation Advisory Services
- Prepare calculation and conclusion of value reports for a variety of entities
News & Events
- Boyer & Ritter’s Scott Koman among National Association of Certified Valuators and Analyst’s 30 under Thirty list of leading professionals06.01.2023
- Boyer & Ritter unveils new joint-venture: A collaboration of advisory and IT services, giving companies game-changing strategic insights03.10.2023
Honors & Recognitions
Honors & Recognitions
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analyst® (NACVA®) and the Consultants' Training Institute® (CTI®), 30 Under Thirty Honoree, 2022
Community & Professional Affiliations
National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), Member
Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), Volunteer
Pennsylvania Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (PACFE), Assistant Treasurer
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Member
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
Leadership Harrisburg Area, Community Leadership Series, Class of 2023
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration - Major in Accounting, Minors in Economics and Marketing
Credentials & Designations
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Pennsylvania
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF)