Joel is a senior member of Boyer & Ritter’s Dealership Services Group and has 15 years of experience providing audit, accounting, and tax services to the firm’s dealership clients. He develops and implements engagement work plans and is responsible for the daily operations of client engagements.
Joel is also a key member of the Government Services Group. He has extensive experience working with clients subject to the Single Audit Act.
External Audit and Review
- Developing and implementing engagement work plans to successfully complete audit and review engagements
- Preparing and reviewing clients’ financial statements
- Providing advice, information, and research to clients to assist in their management responsibilities
- He serves as a director on multiple engagements and, as such, is responsible for the daily operations of the engagement and management of staff
- Performing accounting services for closely-held businesses in preparation for annual tax filings
- Preparing federal and state tax filings for closely held corporations, partnerships, fiduciaries, and individuals.
- Planning and performing financial audits of school districts, which include accounting, data processing, and assessing controls over real estate tax revenue
- Determining the effectiveness of internal controls, policies, and procedures
- Appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of controls in new and established systems and procedures
- Organizing and compiling audit reports to convey audit findings to clients’ high-level management
- Reviewing and testing clients’ internal controls and overall compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
News & Events
Community & Professional Affiliations
Harrisburg Riverboat Society, Treasurer
Leadership Harrisburg Area, Community Leadership Series, Class of 2018
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
The University of Pittsburgh, Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Credentials & Designations
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Pennsylvania