Mariya is a senior member of Boyer & Ritter’s Dealership group. Her primary responsibilities include servicing the accounting, tax, and consulting needs of the firm’s dealership clients.
Mariya is also a key member of the firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Services Group and has extensive experience auditing and managing various types of employee benefit plans. She is current with all standards and requirements under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) regulations.
Prior to joining Boyer & Ritter, Mariya served as an assistant controller for a dealership group in Maryland.
- Developing and implementing engagement work plans in order to successfully complete audits
- Reviewing and testing clients’ internal controls and overall compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
- Performing audit procedures to gain sufficient knowledge to support the audit opinion issued
- Preparing clients’ financial statements
- Providing advice, information, and research to clients to assist in their management responsibilities
- Performing accounting services for closely-held businesses in preparation for annual tax filings
- Preparing federal and state tax filings for closely-held corporations and partnerships
Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Planning and performing employee benefit audits of defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, health and welfare plans, and pensions
- Determining the effectiveness of internal controls, policies, and procedures; appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of controls in new and established systems and procedures
- Providing consulting services to develop effective internal controls for the entity
- Ensuring compliance with plan documents, as well as ERISA and DOL requirements
- Organizing and compiling audit reports to convey audit findings to client’s high-level management
News & Events
Community & Professional Affiliations
- Harrisburg Automotive Trade Association (HATA), Member