Kathryn is a Supervisor with Boyer & Ritter after previously joining the firm as a part-time seasonal tax preparer in 2018. Kathryn’s emphasis is in tax and small business, providing tax and accounting services for businesses and individuals. In her new role, she is excited to have success and growth in the firm and build positive relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
Kathryn earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting with a minor in Economics from Susquehanna University. She has more than ten years of experience in public accounting, previously working at a public accounting firm in Bethesda, Maryland and most recently as senior accountant in the private sector.
- Perform accounting services for closely held businesses in preparation for annual tax filings.
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, retirement plans, nonprofits, and gift tax returns.
- Evaluate client’s tax situation and prepare income tax projections.
- Review of tax notices and preparation of responses to federal and various state taxing authorities.
- Perform compilations, reviews and audits of privately held companies.
- Prepare balance sheet, statement of financial position, accumulated earnings statement, and cash flows in accordance with SSARS.
- Prepare audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP and note disclosures to the financial statements.
- Perform analytical procedures, test of internal controls and business processes, fraud risk and make inquires of company management.
- Assist clients with reconciliations of bank statements, general ledger accounts, investments, payroll and journal entries.
- Conduct one-on-one instructional meetings with clients and consultations as needed regarding initial set-up, record-keeping and maintenance of QuickBooks.
Kathryn’s hobbies and interests include playing golf, running, biking, cooking, Penn State athletics (especially football) and spending time with family and friends.
News & Events
Community & Professional Affiliations
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA), Member
Penn State University Nittany Lion Club, Member
Port Royal Lutheran Church, Member
Susquehanna University Washington, D.C. Alumni Chapter, Past Secretary/Treasurer