Edward J. Straley
Ed is a principal at Boyer & Ritter (B&R) and has over 30 years of experience providing accounting, auditing, tax and management consulting services to a variety of clients and industry groups. Ed focuses on assurance services for not-for-profit, single audit, health care, construction, manufacturing and peer review clients. He is a key member of B&R’s Entrepreneurial Business Services and Not-for-Profit Services Groups. He also serves on the firm’s Accounting and Auditing, Marketing and Continuing Professional Education Committees.
Prior to joining B&R, Ed was a manager with two international accounting firms where he specialized in health care, manufacturing and multinational companies. In addition, Ed was previously a sole practitioner where he provided accounting and tax services to small businesses and individuals.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member (and former chairman) PICPA Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Member PICPA Accounting and Auditing Annual Conference Subcommittee
- Member PICPA Not-for-Profit Committee
- Chairman PICPA Technical Issues Subcommittee of PICPA Not-for-Profit Committee
- Member PICPA Not-for-Profit Annual Conference Subcommittee
- Member PICPA Task Force DCED and BCO Working Groups
- Member Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Not-for-Profit Resource Group
- Member of the Chambersburg Rotary Club
- Board member Chambersburg Rotary Foundation
- Previous member and officer of the Board of Directors of Carlisle Hospital, Health and Wellness Foundation, a Trustee of Memorial Lutheran Church and President of the Shippensburg Lions Club
Ed is a frequent lecturer for various organizations, including PICPA, the Pennsylvania Society of Association Executives (PASAE), the Leadership Academy Mental Health Association of Franklin and Fulton Counties, and the South Central Pennsylvania District Conference Church of the Brethren.