School District Accountants and Advisors
Very few state-funded entities operate under the public microscope in quite the same way as the school district. Prudent financial management is absolutely essential, and managing resources appropriately means eliminating wasteful spending while also balancing a large number of equally important competing priorities. Add mandated services, and retirement and healthcare expenses to the mix, and the pressure faced by school districts is immense.
Boyer & Ritter has been serving school districts as auditors and consultants for more than 30 years; we audit approximately 20 Pennsylvania school districts each year. We serve a range of school districts, from small, rural districts to those with over a thousand employees and budgets over $100 million. Each experience provides us with a more thorough understanding of the financial, reporting, and operational challenges facing all school districts.
The Boyer & Ritter team brings a comprehensive understanding of the economics, operations and historical and predictive trends affecting schools in the Commonwealth. Our team promptly answers questions and proactively provides insightful advice.
- Our CPAs and government and school district industry experts are involved with local and statewide school associations and provide associates with specialized training each year.
- We exhibit industry leadership among school district finance professionals and the CPA community through our work on the PICPA School District Conference and Local Government Committees.
- We frequently present information on Uniform Guidance, Information Technology, and other audit matters.
We are committed to providing clients with a consistent audit team. Our clients see familiar faces year after year, developing great working relationships and improving project efficiencies. We experience less than average staff turnover, which means we provide longer tenure and continuity.
Boyer & Ritter conducts our audits in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America (GAAS); Government Auditing Standards issued by the Controller General of the United States (GAS); the provisions of the Single Audit Act; Subpart F of Title 2 U.S. CFR Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; and the U.S. Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Compliance Supplement.
Audit and Assurance Services
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
- Accounting systems, policies, and procedures
- Forecasts and projections
- Single audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance and Yellow Book audits
- Business Risk Assessment & Efficiency reviews
- Forensic accounting, investigations, and consultations
- PlanCon Audits
- Annual Financial Report preparation
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) preparation assistance
- Compliance and internal control evaluations
- Financial data analysis for labor negotiations
- Financial planning and budgeting assistance