John A. Persun
John is a consultant at Boyer & Ritter (B&R) where he provides accounting, auditing, tax and management consulting services to a variety of clients and industry groups.
He began his career with a national public accounting firm, joined B&R in 1978, was admitted as a partner in 1991 and retired from the Partnership on June 30, 2008.
John has served the firm as its Director of Accounting and Auditing, and as a member on the firm’s Executive, Accounting and Auditing, Continuing Professional Education and Tax Committees. His concentrations include automobile and recreational vehicle dealerships, healthcare, governmental units and not-for-profit organizations. He also performs peer reviews of other public accounting firms, as required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA’s) Peer Review Program.
- Member of the AICPA
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member of the Central Pennsylvania Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Member of the PICPA’s Healthcare Committee
- Past chairman of the PICPA’s Accounting and Auditing Procedures and Ethics Committees, and a past member of the AICPA and PICPA Councils, and PICPA’s Executive Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Shook Home and the Quarters at the Shook
- Member of The Exchange Club of Chambersburg