Daniel P. Thompson
Dan is chair of Boyer & Ritter’s Dealership Services Group, which serves more than 250 dealers in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. During Dan’s nearly 40-year career at Boyer & Ritter, he has provided accounting, auditing, tax and business consulting to clients in a variety of industries, including dealerships, manufacturing, construction, real estate and other closely held businesses.
Dan has extensive experience working with dealer clients on merger and acquisition opportunities and has been an expert witness several times on dealership damages and lost profits. Dan has also appeared before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and U.S. Department of the Treasury on behalf of the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA).
Dan is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Accounting, Clarion State University
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Harrisburg Automotive Trade Association (HATA)
- Pennsylvania Automotive Association (PAA)
- Member and past chairman of the AutoCPA Group, a consortium of 25 CPA firms across the United States and Canada that represent over 1,700 dealers in the retail automotive business
Dan has lectured at numerous seminars related to the automotive industry for in-house professionals, clients, business organizations, lending institutions, HATA, the AICPA National Dealer Conference, the NADA Convention and the Pennsylvania Automotive Association.