Cathy L. Harlow
Summary of Experience
Cathy is a former school superintendent, business administrator, and experienced accountant with almost 30 years of experience in public education. She joined Boyer & Ritter’s Government Services Group in 2019 to help school districts across the state.
Cathy began her career as an accountant in an Altoona-based firm, where she worked with nine districts. She previously served as superintendent of the Tyrone Area School District in Blair County between 2013 and 2019. Before becoming superintendent, she served as the business administrator – essentially the Chief Financial Officer – for Tyrone and the Huntingdon Area School District in Huntingdon County.
Cathy assists school districts in providing:
- Accounting, audit and financial services
- Compliance and internal control evaluations
- Assistance in obtaining the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Financial data for labor negotiations
- Financial plans and budgeting
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Accounting, Business Administration and Computer, Thiel College
- Master of Education, Educational Leadership, Pennsylvania State University
- Member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member of PASBO (Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials)
- Member of Blair County Chamber Foundation