A Message from Robert J. Murphy, CEO – March 21, 2020
Dear Clients and Friends,
Boyer & Ritter remains fully operational to serve our valued clients as our entire organization is working from the safety of their homes. The technology we have in place allows us to provide the same excellent level of service you are accustomed to. We understand these are confusing times and you have concerns about taxes, so please do not hesitate to reach out to your Boyer & Ritter professional.
Our offices are closed to client meetings, however, if you still need to deliver documents to us:
- The best and safest way to deliver your documents is through our secure online portal, Suralink. Please contact your B&R professional to help you arrange access.
- We realize this option does not work for everyone so, please communicate with your tax preparer if you drop off your documents at one of our office drop boxes.
- We also have processes in place to receive client material through US Mail, UPS and FedEx.
Clearly, information and updates are issued quickly. We continue to monitor developments at the federal and state level and strive to provide you the most accurate guidance we can.
Significant updates this week:
- Federal Tax Filing Deadline Extended to July 15 without the need to file an extension. Earlier this week, the administration moved the filing and the payment deadline to July 15. If you are due a refund, you are encouraged to not wait until the July deadline. Refer to this article for more information.
- Any balance due on your 2019 tax return is now due July 15.
- At this point, we believe the first 2020 estimate you will be required to make will be June 15.
- The next estimate will be due July 15 (representing the delayed April 15 estimate)
- It is necessary to have your tax return completed before June 15 so we can best estimate your 2020 estimated payments.
- Pennsylvania has given no direction as to extending the filing date beyond April 15. We expect some type of a deferral, but at this point we do not know for certain.
- Many of you may be due a refund so we would encourage you to get information to us as soon as possible in order to expedite your refund.
- We encourage you to stay focused on submitting your information to us as soon as possible. We appreciate your efforts.
- On March 19, President Trump signed into law historic legislation called the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which will have a significant impact on many employers nationwide. Refer to this article for more information.
We know these are very difficult times, both personally and professionally, and there are many unanswered questions. If we can be helpful to you as you navigate the uncertainty, we stand ready. If you have difficulties reaching a Boyer & Ritter professional, do not hesitate to reach me at my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert J. Murphy, CPA/ABV, CVA
Principal and CEO
Boyer & Ritter LLC