An Important Message from our CEO – March 16, 2020
Dear Clients and Friends,
As most of us have been, our firm is monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) developments closely. We are committed to following guidance from the medical experts and government authorities. Considering the time of year with the upcoming tax deadline, maintaining operations is our top priority, along with the health and safety of our employees, clients, and vendors.
In accordance with Governor Wolf’s recommendation, effective March 17, 2020 the majority of Boyer & Ritter personnel, including tax preparers, are encouraged to work from home until further notice. During this time, Boyer & Ritter will remain operational. Our firm is temporarily implementing the following changes to proactively counter the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to serve clients:
- While this time of year normally generates client visits to our offices to drop off tax information and / or meet with tax preparers, we are asking clients to mail or send data through our client portal rather than stop by the office.
- Our secure online portal – Please reach out to your tax preparer to help you arrange access through our secure portal. Additionally, we urge you to take advantage of the option to e-sign and receive e-delivery of your tax returns this year.
- Other options – Each of our offices is set-up up with a drop-box, mail slot or drop-off table for your tax information outside of or immediately inside the office front doors. Please communicate with your tax preparer if you mail or drop off your documents so they can arrange a time to visit the office to pick up.
- Boyer & Ritter personnel will no longer work onsite at client offices. In situations where electronic communication is problematic, we will reschedule.
- Electronic options – We recommend where possible, we conduct virtual meetings. Our technological capability enables everyone on our team to work seamlessly from remote locations.
We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding these temporary arrangements. We want to assure you our work and your project(s) will continue to be a priority. Our staff members are set up to work remotely for as long as they need.
President Trump has proposed a tax extension as a response to COVID-19, and we will continue to monitor and communicate details and updates on this as we know them. Our team is actively monitoring this rapidly developing situation and we are prepared to modify plans as needed.
We will continue to keep you posted through email, social media and on our website homepage atwww.cpabr.com.
Robert J. Murphy, CPA/ABV, CVA
Principal and CEO
Boyer & Ritter LLC